Aluminised Asphalt Paint
WATERPROOFING COATING FOR ASPHALT ALUMINISED MEMBRANES
Waterproofing coating for roofing and asphalt waterproofing. The Megaflex Aluminised Asphalt Paint is a bitumen paint composed by special asphalt, solvents and aluminium pigments of high quality. It is used for painting asphalt roofing and as an anticorrosive metals protection.
Because it is extra fast drying , it is the most suitable for works where the time of drying is decisive. The time of touch-dry is 30 minutes. The complete dry will be from 1 to 2 hours depending on the weather conditions at the moment of the application.
Asphalt roofing waterproofing and protection. On overlaps of asphalt membranes with No Crack Aluminium. As anticorrosive on metallic surfaces as sheet roofs, drainpipes, pipes, etc.
- Protect the asphalt roofing, achieving a longer useful life
- Solvent waterproofing of extra fast drying
- Ideal for using in membranes with no crack aluminium
- Easy application in cold.
- Because of its reflex capacity, decreases the temperature ininside rooms.
- Canning of 1 lt (PAL 1)
- Canning of 4 lt (PAL 4)
- Canning of 18 lt (PAL 18)
- The surface to be painted has to be dry and clean without oxide or grit or irregularities.
- Before application, mix the canning content from the bottom up it turns out to be homogeneous and without clots.
- Stir regularly to avoid the aluminium pigment sedimentation on the bottom of the canning.
- If it is necessary dilute with mineral turpentine.
- To apply it is advisable to use: brush, little brush, paint roller or torch in two crossed coats, allowing to dry well between them.
- The application is made in cold, because the paint is flammable. The tools are cleaned with mineral turpentine.
Warning and Precautions
As it is an extra fast drying product, it has volatile solvents, it is flammable and it doesn’t have to be near heat sources or flames. It must not be applied in closed places. In each case an adequate airing is advisable.
It varies between 8 and 10 m2/litre, depending on the surface porosity.